Saturday, March 1, 2014

Old Versailles

Hi everyone.  As you can probably tell from my previous posts I have a fascination with 18th century France especially Marie Antoinette.  Trust me I'm surprised I don't own a copy of the movie considering I watch it every time it comes on (ssshhhh even watch it on IFC on demand).  Well that being said I have a birthday coming up guess what I'm asking for?????LOL.  Having that kind of inspiration I decided to do an Old Versailles collection.  I didn't want them to feel new so I aged them a little bit so they felt like antiques.  They are also more detailed and lots of antique gold, we all know how Marie loved her gold, just don't say "Let them eat cake!!!", not a good idea.  More pieces are going to be added, but here are two I have done....
 
 Here is a gold Lyre back chair with dreamy, creamy silk velvet.  I love this chair I also most didn't put it on.....
Next are these Versailles inspired wall panels, they are antique blue with, you guessed it antique gold.  Both of these items are in my Etsy shop along with a few other pretties.....
Make it a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment