Friday, February 7, 2014

Shabby Chic Inspiration - Darcy Chair

Hi everyone,  I just put a new item on Etsy today.  I was inspired by the iconic Darcy chair from Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic Couture.  I have always loved this chair, its strong French presence with a fun update.  I found this poor little mini broken in a box, I said to myself that looks familiar.  I got it took it home put it back together and said that looks a little like the Darcy chair.  So I set about making it more Shabby Chic, I even simulated the slipcovered seat.  I loved it so much I didn't want to part with it.  Here it goes, I hope whoever purchases it loves it as much as I loved making it.
 

 My mini Darcy Chair....
 
 (photo:rachel ashwell shabby chic couture)
The real Darcy chair....
 
 (photo:rachel ashwell shabby chic couture)
So perfect in a nursery or wherever a truly timeless chair....
 
Thanks for visiting.  Make it a good day.
French Vellum

No comments:

Post a Comment